1. The booking deposit of 25% of the rental to confirm your booking is non-refundable.
2. Your final balance payment plus the damages/security deposit* (where applicable) is due 6 weeks before the start of your holiday. No reminders will be sent for this and prompt payment is expected.
*The Old Vicarage and Tinker’s Retreat in Worstead are both subject to a £100 damage deposit. This is added to the final balance. It is refunded within 3 days of your departure. The damage deposit is in place in case of serious damage and by that we do not mean the odd breakage of crockery etc. which we class as general wear and tear.
3. The Fisherman’s Shed and The Old Boathouse in Sheringham are available for occupation from 3.30pm on the first day of your holiday and must be vacated by 10.30 am PROMPT on the last day. The Old Vicarage and Tinker’s Retreat in Worstead are available for occupation from 4.00pm on the first day of your holiday and must be vacated by 10.00am PROMPT.
4, The confirmation letter sent when you make the booking states the number of occupants and number of pets in your booking. This MUST be adhered to. Anyone found to be in breach of this will be asked to leave immediately and NO refunds will be issued. If you need to alter the number of people staying or the number of pets after this letter has been issued – this is not a problem – please just let us know.
5, There is to be no charging of electric vehicles or campervans. No campervans or caravans are to be parked and used as extra accommodation at any of our properties.
6. You must keep the property clean and in good order and you will be responsible for any major breakages. Please report any breakage, problem or damage as soon as they occur so that we can rectify them for you. (If it is a minor breakage such as a wine glass or piece of crockery then a text message or quick email is fine!). Any extra cleaning required if the property is left dirty will be charged against your security/damages deposit. In the unlikely event of damage exceeding your damages/security deposit, you may still be liable.
7. We may cancel bookings if the property becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to: flooding, fire, significant damage, failiure of utility services or weather damage. In this event we will refund in full any sums you have paid.
8. Once the dates of a booking have been confirmed to you in writing or by email they can only be changed by agreement and may incur an administration charge.
9. If a booking is cancelled after final payment has been made we will endeavour to re-let the property and if it is re- let, we will refund you in full minus an administration fee. If we are unable to re-let then no refund will be issued. If you cancel after the due date of the final payment and have not settled the final payment in full, then this will still be payable. We advise that you take out holiday insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation.
10. All pets must be declared before taking occupancy. Dogs are welcome at all our properties but we politely request that they are not allowed on the beds or sofas and that you clean up after them in the grounds. If we find that you have allowed your dogs to sleep on the beds then you will be charged for extra cleaning of the bed linen. Please do not leave your dogs unattended in the properties for long periods of time. As responsible dog owners we expect you to make the best decision for your dogs regarding this.
In respect of pets at The Old Vicarage and Tinker’s Retreat – if you are wanting to visit somewhere where dogs are not allowed (eg National Trust houses etc.) then please liaise with me direct when I will be happy to assist.
11. All properties are strictly non-smoking – please smoke outside.
12. Both The Old Vicarage and Tinker’s Retreat have wifi which is provided free of charge. Whilst every effort is made to ensure continuity of service, we cannot be held responsible for disconnection due to Openreach planned maintenance or situations beyond our control.
13. There are hot tubs at both Tinker’s and The Old Vicarage and the terms and conditions of use of these and the sauna are clearly explained in the manual at each property. If you have any doubts then we are always just a phone call away.
14. MOST OF ALL – HAVE A GREAT TIME!